Information Technology courses in New Zealand are Now Available for Filipinos
Businesses, in order to compete globally, has to innovate according to the demands of the times. With its growth, information technologist was beside it all. The demands for information technologist pervade the front-end process of businesses. Organization and methods analyst, Business analysts, Systems Analysts, Database Programmers are needed to address problems in procedures, models, methods, and organizational structures while integrating technology. Software developers, Software Testers, Multimedia Specialist, Security Programmers are apt to make client experience easy while ensuring that clients return for more.
New Zealand has in particular listed these as one of the long term skill shortage of the country. Global Quest is in partnership with prestigious schools in New Zealand that offers Information Technology courses. No less than 90% of their I.T. graduates are able to find employment right after graduation.
Filipinos who intend to have a career in New Zealand as information technologists may do so, following any of these tracks:
1. High school graduates, particularly those who will graduate in Senior High school of the new Curriculum following the Tech-Voc track of Information Technology or Computer-related courses, might get a head start in their I.T. career in New Zealand by earning 2-year Diploma in Information Technology.
First year: Diploma in IT Networking Technology and Administration (Level 5) or Technical Support (Level 5)
Second year: Diploma in Information Systems – Business Analysis (Level 6) or User Experience (Level 6) or Cloud and Virtualization (Level 6)
Student may opt to specialize in Networking Technology Management by taking Level 5 on the first year and Level 7 on the second year.
2. College undergraduates of any field with at least 3 years of I.T.-related work experience OR graduates of a degree in any field with less than 2 years I.T.-related work experience may begin their I.T. career in New Zealand by earning a Diploma in Information Technology Level 7 (Networking Technology Management) for one year.
3. Graduates of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology-related qualifications may begin their IT career in New Zealand by taking Diploma in Software Development (Level 7) or Networking Technology Management (Level 7) or Graduate Diploma in Software Testing (Level 7) or Advance Cloud Technology (Level 7).
To take the course, recent work experience and/or further formal I.T. training for at least six months is required only when the student is more than 21 years old.
Features of these I.T. tracks:
1. The Diploma in Information Technology Level 5 gives the student an opportunity to complete the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in Cloud Computing (MCSA).
2. The Diploma in Information Technology Level 7 gives the student an opportunity to acquire the Cisco certification including CCNA Route and Switch, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice and CCNP Route and CCNP Switch.
3. The Diploma in Software Development Level 7 gives students the skill to develop mobile applications on the Android platform.
4. The school has invested heavily in the network equipment that students can use in the practical component of the courses. This makes I.T. graduates from this school more competitive among their peers in New Zealand.
5. The Migration track is also within reach. A post-graduate work visa is guaranteed for Level 7 qualifiers in New Zealand or for those who finished the 2-year I.T. course. While holding a student visa, students are allowed to work 20 hours/week. Graduating in this qualification and having the required minimum number of years in I.T.-related work in New Zealand gives a higher probability of approval for residency applications.
For Filipinos, special discounted school fees are available. If you have inquiries or if you want to get started right away, contact us now.
I am an IT graduate of STI-Davao last April 2014. I had only less than one year experience in programming at my home country. Global Quest was recommended to me by my classmate in STI, Marc Comia, who also was able to enter New Zealand through the same agency. I found Global Quest’s staff reliable and efficient with the work that they do. Upon submitting all the required documents, it took only less than a month for my visa to be approved. I immediately left for New Zealand last May, 2015. I studied Diploma in Computing Software Development Level 7 at Cornell based on Java and Android platforms and while studying, I worked casual part-time as Web Developer in an IT company in Auckland. I would say, I am blessed to find Global Quest. Now, I hold a permanent job and got my residency last April, 2017 – Keith Loise Gulayan
Global Quest Immigration Consultancy is an authorized educational agent of several schools in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Singapore and UK. You may reach us by the numbers 09173088674 or leave a message or set an appointment on the side panel of this webpage.